Oz Clarke is one of the world's leading wine experts, whose formidable reputation is based on his extensive wine knowledge and accessible, no-nonsense approach. Oz brings a refreshingly unorthodox wit to the subject and has won major wine writing awards both in the UK and the USA. Oz presented the long-running TV series Food And Drink between 1982 and 2002, as well as The Big Wine Adventure with James May, and two series with the comedian Hugh Dennis. His latest book, Oz Clarke's World Of Wine, is published by Pavilion Books.
Ride the British Pullman, A Belmond Train and visit a Kent winery with Oz Clarke
Hop on board the British Pullman, a private luxury train, and glide through the unspoilt Kent countryside to visit an award-winning wine estate.
As you travel in your beautiful Art Deco carriage, a delicious brunch will be served at your table, set with crisp white linen and sparkling glassware. Sit back and relax as you soak in the ever-changing views through the picture windows while the train courses through the chalky downlands of the Kent countryside.
On arrival in Kent, you'll visit the peaceful 400-acre Hush Heath Wine Estate, the home of Balfour Winery. You'll be welcomed with a glass of their delicious bubbly and then join wine expert Oz Clarke for an illuminating tutored tasting. You'll also get an insight into grape-to-glass winemaking with a guided tour of the vineyards.
On your return journey you'll be treated to an indulgent four-course dinner with wine as you head back to London Victoria through the heavenly Kentish countryside.
This trip is also operating with special guest Dame Joanna Lumley - find out more here.
Exclusive wine tasting with Oz Clarke
Board the exquisite British Pullman
Sample excellent wines
Your expert guide
- Round-trip travel aboard the British Pullman, a Belmond Train from London Victoria (estimated departure time 9am, estimated time of return 7.45pm)
- Welcome sparkling Bellini Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d'hôte menu
- Half a bottle of wine per person Coffee, tea and petits fours
- Small group wine tasting hosted by Oz Clarke
- Welcome glass of English sparkling wine on arrival at Balfour Winery
- Tutored wine tasting and guided vineyard tour at Balfour Winery
Day1Journey from London to Kent, and returnTonbridge, United Kingdom
Embark the stylish British Pullman at London Victoria. Soon, the train departs and your trip begins. With a glass of chilled champagne in hand, settle in to enjoy the journey and watch the beautiful Kent countryside go past.
Enjoy a slower pace of travel as you revel in the atmosphere of your smart Art Deco carriage. Enjoy a three-course brunch on the journey to Kent.
You'll visit Balfour Winery, where you'll sample their award-winning wines and enjoy a tutored tasting from Oz Clarke, one of the world's leading wine experts.
On your return journey, you'll savour a gastronomic four-course dinner with wine pairings; expect a delicious seasonal menu inspired by the British countryside.
British Pullman, A Belmond Train
There is no finer way to travel than on the luxurious Belmond train.
Honouring George Mortimer Pullman, the father of luxury trains, the splendidly refurbished British Pullman epitomises a glamorous era of travel. Each carriage is individually named and has a fascinating story. Some were favoured by the British Royal Family, and two were part of Winston Churchill's funeral train. Others, like Audrey and Vera, survived bomb damage during air raids over London's Victoria Station in 1940. Today, the opulent carriages are set out in tables, ready to welcome guests as they dine on their journeys through the British countryside.
Brought to you by
For general information, click here.
To view TS Tours’ supplier’s terms and conditions click here.
* From price is per person, based on four sharing a four seat table, subject to availability. To book a table for two there is a surcharge of £20pp, subject to availability, please call to enquire. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Full payment required at the time of booking. **The vineyards may be wet underfoot, please wear/bring suitable footwear. Travel insurance should be taken out at time of booking. The train is not wheelchair accessible. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Ltd.