To view Discover the World’s supplier’s terms and conditions click here.
Seek the magical Northern Lights in Swedish Lapland
Swedish Lapland is Europe's last real wilderness, with its vast pine and spruce forests that look like magical winter woodlands covered in deep snow. It's also the place where you'll find the ideal conditions to see the captivating Northern Lights.
On your four-day trip, you'll fly from London to Luleå, part of an archipelago of more than 1,300 islands, where you can take part in a wealth of unforgettable winter experiences.
You'll stay in the delightful Pine Bay Lodge, just 30 minutes from the airport, with views over the frozen sea. From there, you can explore the snow and ice-covered landscape by day and night, keeping an eye on the sky for the Northern Lights.
Three excursions are included in your trip: the opportunity to drive your own dog sled, enjoy a candlelit dinner in a cosy Aurora Hideaway out on the frozen arctic sea and tour the forest on snowmobiles. There are also plenty of optional activities available during your stay, so you can fill your time as you choose, whether that's enjoying a good book by the fireplace, relaxing in the sauna or, for the more adventurous, husky sledding or joining a snowmobile safari.
Reasons to book
- Return flights from the UK based on new direct service from London Heathrow to Lulea (other flight options available via Stockholm)
- Three nights' full-board accommodation at Pine Bay Lodge Hotel
- Three included excursions: snowmobile forest tour, dog sledding, and an Aurora hideaway group dinner experience.
- Optional excursions including a hovercraft trip, winter skills lessons, snowshoe walks and ice fishing
- Plenty of chances to spot the Northern Lights
* Price is per person, based on two sharing a room and snowmobile on a March 2022 departure. Children welcome, call for prices. Deposit: 10%, deposit and cancellation information at discover-the-world.com/booking-conditions. Always check FCO advice before travelling at gov.uk/ foreign-travel-advice. This offer is exclusive to Hearst UK and may be promoted by other Hearst brands.
Day1Arrive at Pine Bay LodgePine Bay Lodge, Sweden
On arrival at Lulea Airport you'll be met and transferred to Pine Bay Lodge where you will check into your accommodation.
Days2-3Winter activitiesPine Bay Lodge, Sweden
The next two days will be filled with fun Arctic activities and time to relax in the snowy surrounds. There are many included activities to choose from including a snowmobile safari, husky sledding and Northern Light watches. You could additionally book some optional excursions like a sauna session, before simply relaxing with a book in front of the fireplace in the lodge's lounge.
Day4Depart Lulea ArchipelagoLuleå , Sweden
Depending on your flight departure time, you may have time in the morning at the lodge before the taxi transfer back to the airport for your flight home.
Pine Bay Lodge
Cosy lodge accommodation near Lulea
Pine Bay Lodge is located just 30 minutes from the airport and city of Lulea. Comprised of just nine hotel rooms and a large open plan lounge and dining area with a big fireplace where guests can relax after a day out in the snowy landscape. On site there is also a sauna overlooking the frozen sea which can be privately booked at an additional charge. Close to the main lodge is a cabin offering comfortable family accommodation for up to five people, in one double, one twin and one single bedroom and shared bathroom. The small lodge experience is very special, with the feeling of having your own personal lodge and staff always at hand to look after you. With capacity for 20 guests this is also the perfect place to stay as a group.